GloFAS is a complex modelling chain ran operationally every day.
Two main model families are used in GloFAS
- Numerical Weather Prediction systems that provide the Meteorological Forecasts forcings. They include ECMWF-ENS, ECMWF-HRES and ECMWF-SEAS5
- Hydrological models that provide the river discharge simulations. They include HTESSEL and LISFLOOD - channel routing
These pages describe in more details the important elements in the GloFAS forecasting system.
- GloFAS meteorological forcings
- GloFAS hydrological models
- GloFAS medium-range forecasting
- GloFAS sub-seasonal and seasonal forecasting
- GloFAS evaluation
- GloFAS diagnostic and web reporting points