Externally released on 2019-11-06 (get the 126.96.36.199 tarball to avoid an unnecessary message being printed when importing Metview's Python module)
Became metview/new at ECMWF on 2019-11-06 (Linux desktops, ecgate, lxc, lxop)
- At ECMWF:
- fixed issue where the title of a cross section could show the wrong parameter
- fixed issue where the function
surrounding_points_indexes()gave a wrong result when the longitude of the target point was 360 and the grid was reduced Gaussian
- fixed issue where the Thermo Data module could write null time values into its result if the input was BUFR
- fixed issue where the Observation Filter did not correctly handle BUFR data with empty station IDs
- fixed issue where Metview's MARS client module generated suplerfluous messages when run
This was just a rebuild of Metview on ECMWF's HPC with plotting enabled.
Externally released on 2019-10-04
Became metview/new at ECMWF on 2019-10-04 (Linux desktops, ecgate, lxc, lxop)
- At ECMWF:
- fixed crash in the Contouring icon editor on macos
- it is now possible to view the online documentation in a web browser for all the functions/icons listed in the Code Editor sidebar:
A detailed description about the usage of the the Code Editor sidebar was made vailable at: Integrated help in the Code Editor
- geopoints functions
set_dates()now accept date variables in Macro or datetime variables in Python
- geopoints can now have missing values for latitudes and longitudes, and they will be ignored by most operations
- new geopoints function:
- new fieldsets function:
ml_to_hl(...)- interpolates fieldsets from model levels to height levels above ground or sea level
- new function:
p = percentile(vdata, |2, 99, 60|) # compute 2nd, 99th and 60th percentiles of vdat
grib_get_xxx()functions no longer print warning messages if the requested key does not exist (they return nil/None, which can be checked)
- fixed issue where the
nearest_gridpoint()function did not produce correct results with certain reduced Gaussian grids on sub-areas
- added new option called Map Layer Mode to the Coastlines icon to control how the map is rendered into the foreground or/and background of the plot. The possible values are as follows: split, foreground, background.
- added new context menu option to the icons in the Layer sidebar, "Save as" to save a copy of visdef icons modified directly in the plot window
- fixed issue when the polar_north and polar_south projections resulted in empty plots when specified via certain corner coordinates.
- set the environment variable
METVIEW_MARS_LOG=1before starting Metview in order to obtain useful logging information from the MARS client without setting
- the BUFR Examiner contains a new tab called "Descriptors" showing all the expanded descriptors (only metadata) of the given message.
- fixed issue where the Spectra module produced an empty plot
- the Percentile module (that acts on GRIB data) previously had a restriction that the number of percentiles computed could not exceed the number of fields in the GRIB data. This restriction has now been lifted.
- fixed issue where the Potential Temperature module could not be run with the -nofork option