In this page we will add some use cases of large retrievals of past Operational Data from MARS.
Depending on how a user retrieves the data, if may affect the performance of the system.
Steps for large retrieves
- Identify the data you want
- Use MARS list to find out the size
- Use the MARS catalogue (Member States and commercial users) or the Archive Catalogue (self-registered users) to know the data distribution in tapes
- Split the request in sensible chunks iterating through the correct keywords
- [optional] post-process data using ecCodes