Please note that Emoslib has been superseded by the new interpolation routines within Metview and MARS. Please check the documentation of these tools for further information. There will be no new developments and support for Emoslib.
This software covers :
- Interpolating fields
- spectral coefficients to spectral coefficients
- spectral coefficients to rotated spectral coefficients
- spectral coefficients to regular latitude-longitude grids
- spectral coefficients to regular gaussian grids
- spectral coefficients to quasi-regular gaussian grids
- regular latitude-longitude grids to regular latitude-longitude grids
- regular latitude-longitude grids to regular gaussian grids
- regular gaussian grids to regular gaussian grids
- regular gaussian grids to regular latitude-longitude grids
- quasi-regular gaussian grids to regular latitude-longitude grids
- quasi-regular gaussian grids to regular gaussian grids
- encoding/decoding of WMO FM-94 BUFR BUFR code messages
- encoding/decoding of WMO FM-95 CREX CREX code messages
- handling pure binary unix files
- multiple(Temperton's) FFT routines (from release 000340 onwards)
For the encoding/decoding of WMO FM-92 GRIB GRIB code messages we strongly recommend the use of the ecCodes.
A new cycle of this public version is created from time to time to consolidate operational extensions.
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or go to Issues if you have any suggestions for improvements or have discovered a bug with this software package.
Emoslib 4.3.x series
Version 4.2.1 of Emoslib was the first version which introduced full support for the new octahedral reduced Gaussian grid which ECMWF will use in its forecast system from Spring 2016 onwards. We were aware that this version had a suboptimal performance. This was addressed in the latest versions from 4.3.0 onwards by rewriting parts of the necessary code. Tests have shown that the performance has been greatly increased and accuracy improved, but causing values to change in some cases. We are happy that these changes are correct, but currently still evaluate them further. We will update this page when we finished our evaluation.
Therefore we ask users to test and evaluate Emoslib 4.3.x carefully before using it operationally and provide us with feedback when necessary at Software.Support@ecmwf.int.
Emoslib > 4.1.1
From version 4.1.1 on, by default, Emoslib aborts execution on GRIBEX calls as its functionality is deprecated (this change of behaviour was introduced in internal version 4.1.0). As alternative, the package can be configured to avoid aborting, by configuring with:
cmake -DENABLE_GRIBEX_ABORT=OFF ... /path/to/libemos