- fixed memory leak when returning a list of items
- allow bool-typed numpy arrays as input
- fixed issue where the Fieldset iterator could fail if used multiple times
- export the Request class (dict + verb, can be passed to Meview and automatically converted into a 'definition')
- Metview startup timeout configurable via environment variable METVIEW_PYTHON_START_TIMEOUT (in seconds)
- Metview startup timeout default set to 8 seconds in case of busy systems
- added integral() function
- fixed memory leak when exporting vectors as numpy arrays
- added equality (``==``) and non-equality (``!=``) operators for Fieldset and Geopoints objects, e.g. ``same = (a == b)`` will produce a new Fieldset or Geopoints with 1s where the values are the same, and 0s elsewhere.
- added new thermodynamic, gradient and utility functions: 'thermo_data_info', 'thermo_parcel_path', 'thermo_parcel_area', 'xy_curve', 'potential_temperature', 'temperature_from_potential_temperature', 'saturation_mixing_ratio', 'mixing_ratio', 'vapour_pressure', 'saturation_vapour_pressure', 'lifted_condensation_level', 'divergence', 'vorticity', 'laplacian', 'geostrophic_wind_pl', 'geostrophic_wind_ml'
- improved conversion from geopoints to pandas dataframe to cope with new NCOLS subformat
- make conversion from Fieldset to xarray dataset compatible with latest versions of cfgrib
This version is the first 'full release', containing only some internal cleanups. Some more example Jupyter notebooks were added.
From this point, all developments and issue tracking will be performed directly on github. Please report any issues there.
This version is considered beta.
- [MPY-207] - Filedset slicing fails with a large number of fields
- [MPY-205] - Allow the creation of an empty Fieldset object
- [MPY-206] - Add append() function to Fieldset class
- [MPY-208] - Passed named arguments to dataset_to_fieldset function
- [MPY-209] - Ignore errors on exit from a data examiner
- [MPY-210] - Add expanded field-obs example
- [MPY-186] - Cannot plot a multi-page PostScript file - now we can do it by inserting calls to
plot(dw, data1, visdef1, newpage(), data2, visdef2)- requires Metview >=5.2
- [MPY-196] - Cannot take scalar numpy numbers (e.g.
np.int64) as input arguments to Metview functions
- [MPY-136] - Use environment variable to determine how to invoke Metview (
- [MPY-137] - Support passing of float32 vectors between Metview and Python numPy
- [MPY-153] - Add function to convert NetCDF to xarray dataset
xs = mv.mcross_sect(line=[59,-180,-13,158],data=grib); xarr = xs.to_dataset()
- [MPY-162] - Tidy up value_from_metview
- [MPY-163] - Tidy up push_arg
- [MPY-177] - Revise example scripts in repo
- [MPY-187] - Allow assignment to indexed fields in a Fieldset object
fs = fs + 5
- [MPY-188] - Allow xarray datasets to the provided as input to Metview functions
m = mv.mean(my_xarray_dataset);
- only for very compliant datasets though!
f = mv.dataset_to_fieldset(x)
- [MPY-189] - Check and revise the scripts in the examples folder
- [MPY-190] - Create an example using data from the CDS
- [MPY-191] - Ensure that FLEXTRA work from Metview's Python API
- [MPY-192] - Create Jupyter notebook examples
- [MPY-193] - Fix netcdf and geopoints functions that take indexes as parameters
- [MPY-194] - Implement self-check command to ensure Metview installation ok
python -m metview selfcheck
- [MPY-195] - Ensure all index-returning functions are context-sensitive
- [MPY-197] - Add ability to export table data as a Pandas Dataframe
df = table.to_dataframe()
- [MPY-198] - Add batch plotting tests
- [MPY-199] - Improve organisation of code in bindings.py
- [MPY-200] - Remove experimental 'mf' class
- [MPY-201] - Support extended slicing on Fieldset objects
fields = fs[2:12:3]
Released on ECMWF desktops, ecgate and lxc on 2018-08-01. Also on github.
- [MPY-164] - importing the metview module overrides the keyboard interrupt signal
- [MPY-179] - Cannot find libMvMacro.so in /usr/lib
- [MPY-180] - Replace klass with class_ in MARS requests (change in behaviour)
- [MPY-183] - Use cfgrib in metview-python
Released on ECMWF desktops and ecgate on 2018-06-08.
- [MPY-144] - Support passing of geopointset between Macro and Python
- [MPY-150] - Add ability to export ODB table as a Pandas Dataframe
- [MPY-151] - Simplify data classes through multiple inheritance
- [MPY-152] - Allow access to individual geopoints
- [MPY-154] - Implement aliases for 'class' as MARS parameter
- [MPY-155] - Improve error message if correct version of Metview not found
First internal release.