Please see the respective links for guidance and workarounds.
Surface photosynthetically active radiation (surface PAR) values are too low
- Convective Available Potential Energy (CAPE) values are erroneously zero
- ERA-Interim issues with cloud cover
- Sea Surface Temperature has values over land in ERA-Interim and other ERA products
- Anomalies at certain dates and locations
- Over oceans geopotential (and potentially derived fields too) shows a 'spectral ripples' pattern.
- It is not possible to obtain full (archived) resolution ERA-Interim data from the point and click web interface. Instead you get:
- For spectral data, when grid=128 is selected, automatic truncation to T213 occurs.
- The option "Grid default (as archived)" gives a 0.75x0.75 lat/long grid for both spectral and grid point data, again with automatic truncation to T213 for spectral fields.
- The Gaussian grids all appear to be full grids, not reduced, with no means of requesting the latter.
- There is no T255 option
(Link to source - internal only)
- Sunshine duration is defined in a non-standard manner which leads to underestimation of this quantity.
Related articles appear here based on the labels you select. Click to edit the macro and add or change labels.