In the previous section we have implemented our first task (the t1.ecf file).
The t1.ecf script needs to be preprocessed to generate the job file.
Automated job creation checking is only available with Python.
- Locating ecf script files, corresponding to the task in the suite definition.
- Performing pre-processing
The following points should be noted about about job creation checking:
- Job files have a .job0 extension, whereas the server will always generate jobs with a extension .job<1-n>, i.e. t1.job1, t1.job2.The numbers correspond to ECF_TRYNO which is never zero.
Checking is done using ecflow.Defs.check_job_creation
Update test.py with:
What to do
- Add job creation checking to $HOME/course/test.py
- python test.py | python3 test.py | ./test.py
- Examine the job file
In particular note the substitutions made by the ecflow server such as ECF_PORT