The python method is recommended unless you are planning a simple suite.
Create a file called test.def , using your favourite text editor, with the following contents
- This line is a comment line. Any characters between the # and the end of line are ignored
- This line defines a new suite by the name of test.
- Here we define a ecFlow variable called ECF_HOME.
This variable defines the directory where all the unix files that will be used by the suite test will reside.
For the rest of the course all file names will be given relative to this directory.
Be sure to replace $HOME with the path to your home directory
- This defines a task named t1
- The endsuite finishes the definition of the suite test
Enter the following python code into a file i.e. test.py :
Then run as a python script: There are a few ways to run different python versions.
You should see the text "Creating suite definition" and then your definition as your output.
What to do
- Initially try both plain text and python examples. Later examples are only in python.
- Type in the suite definition file.
- Choose python invocation. i.e. python test.py | python3 test.py | ./test.py.