- 01-09-2020: Extension of the reforecast period from 1991-2010 to 1991-2016.
- 01-08-2020: Nine additional parameters allowing computing MJO indices were added to the KMA outputs starting from 1 August 2020 for the real-time forecasts and from 1 September for the on-the-fly reforecasts:
- Snow Fall water equivalent
- Surface net solar radiation
- Surface net thermal radiation
- Surface solar radiation downwards
- Surface thermal radiation downwards
- Top net thermal radiation
- Sea surface temperature
- Total Cloud Cover
- Specific humidity (on pressure levels)
- 31-10-2017: In reference to Tennant(2013), the soil moisture content(SMC) and surface temperature perturbations were added to KMA’s Global Ensemble system. It should improve predictive performance of the surface variations that have a smaller spread than the upper level one. Together with SST perturbation, it helps improving the spread of surface temperature and moisture.
References: Tennant. W, 2013: New schemes to perturb sea-surface temperature and soil moisture content in MOGREPS. Q.J.R.Meteorol. Soc., 140, 1150-1160