The CAMS forecast e-suite (experiment gznv) was started on 2018-06-01 based on IFS CY45R1 to couple the new the GHG analysis experiment (gwx3) running 4-days behind real time and the high resolution cyclic forecast run. This new experiment benefits from a couple of bug fixes in the modelled biogenic fluxes which result in an improved seasonal cycle in the northern hemisphere and some degradation in the tropics.
Main features are:
The experiment was initialized from the GHG analysis experiment gwx3.
The coupling with the analysis is done by merging the 4-day forecast from GHG delayed analysis experiment and the cyclic high resolution forecast.
- Resolution: Tco1279 (9km) and 137 vertical levels
- 5-day forecast from 00UTC
- IFS cycle 45R1
- Coupled to CTESSEL Net Ecosystem Exchange surface fluxes.
- EDGARv4.2FT2010 anthropogenic emissions - scaled from 2011 with estimated and climatological trends for CO2.
- GFASv1.2 fire emissions
- Takahashi et al. (2009) CO2 air-sea CO2 flux climatology.
- IFS model resolution Tco1279L137
- operational meteorological analysis resolution
- branch: paf_CY45R1_paf_CY45R1_GHG_CARBONTRAC_bugfixes
- New tracer mass fixer: Diamantakis and Agusti-Panareda (2017) with BETA value of 2.
Changes introduced during production affecting the quality of the products
|real date||exp date||description of change|
|real date||expdate||description of change|
|20180815||20180730||CH4 flux bug fix associated with the temporal interpolation of monthly mean fluxes affecting second half of December.|