The MACC NRT high resolution CO2 cyclic forecast (experiment gcbt) was started on 2014-08-29 to make use of a new tracer mass fixer suitable for high resolution. The experiment was initialized from the previous operational high resolution forecast g15h. Note: there were no CO2/CH4 analyses available in NRT when experiment was re-initalized. Main features are:
- runs in near-real-time
- 120 h long forecast from 00UTC
- IFS cycle 40R1
- Coupled to CTESSEL Net Ecosystem Exchange surface fluxes.
- EDGARv4.2 anthropogenic emissions - scaled from 2008 with estimated and climatological trends.
- GFASv1.2 fire emissions
- Takahashi et al. (2009) CO2 air-sea CO2 flux climatology.
- IFS model resolution T1279L91
- operational meteorological analysis resolution
- time period 20140829 -
- branch: paf_SB40R1_MACC_GHG_newmassfixer_cray_extradiag
- New tracer mass fixer implemented based on Bermejo and Conde (2002) scheme, replacing the global proportional mass fixer used in previous operational forecast (g15h)
Changes introduced during production affecting the quality of the products
|real date||exp date||description of change|
|20150605||Change of BFAS script comp_gpp_rec_bfas to stop filtering fires in model and use consistent version of climate fields in BFAS and NEE OPT climatology.|
|20150528||Change of FCLENGTH from 72 to 240|
|20150528||Change of BFAS script to filter fires and APF hotspots in the model NEE computation and also change the computation of NEE OPT climatology to filter fires and use an APF hotspot filter.|
BUG found in tracer mass fixer producing negative values for CO2 and CH4.
(source of this bug is the use of old code that did not allow Bermejo and Conde with beta=2 resulting from the wrong merging in branch dism_CY41R1_GHG_LinCO_for_ecgems). Temporary fix done by setting beta parameter NPMFIX=1 (previously set to 2) in gems_setup.
|20150925||20150924||Change the initial conditions to NRT analysis g6cs (20150918 T+144).|
|20160102||20160101||Hardcode CO emissions to 2015 in prep_flux|
|20160116||20160115||Use new CO emissions from MACCity at tl1279|
|real date||expdate||description of change|