The MACC NRT high resolution CO2 cyclic forecast (experiment g6dd) was started on 2014-08-29 to make use of a new tracer mass fixer suitable for high resolution. The experiment was initialized from the previous operational high resolution forecast g15h. Note: there were no CO2/CH4 analyses available in NRT when experiment was re-initalized. Main features are:
- runs in near-real-time
- 120 h long forecast from 00UTC
- IFS cycle 40R1
- Coupled to CTESSEL Net Ecosystem Exchange surface fluxes.
- EDGARv4.2 anthropogenic emissions - scaled from 2008 with estimated and climatological trends.
- GFASv1.2 fire emissions
- Takahashi et al. (2009) CO2 air-sea CO2 flux climatology.
- IFS model resolution T1279L91
- operational meteorological analysis resolution
- time period 20140829 -
- branch: paf_SB40R1_MACC_GHG_newmassfixer_cray_extradiag
- New tracer mass fixer implemented based on Bermejo and Conde (2002) scheme, replacing the global proportional mass fixer used in previous operational forecast (g15h)
Changes introduced during production affecting the quality of the products
|real date||exp date||description of change|
|20140911||2014082900||Start of new high resolution NRT CO2 FC experiment with new tracer mass fixer (replacing g15h)|
|20140930||2014093000||Change in fire emissions from experiment fx5h to g6ek|
|real date|| expdate||description of change|