Instead of being a boolean value (on/off), it can take a range of integer values.
Other tasks are then triggered when the meter reaches a certain value.
We will create new tasks (t5, t6 and t7) that will be triggered
when the meter in task t1 reaches certain values.
What to do
- Edit the definition file or python to add the modifications.
- Edit t1.ecf to call ecflow_client –meter
- Copy t4.ecf to t5.ecf, t6.ecf and t7.ecf
- Replace the suite
python: python test.py ; python client.py
text: ecflow_client --suspend=/test ; ecflow_client --replace=/test test.def
- Observe the tasks in ecflow_ui
- See the triggers by selecting progress and clicking on the Triggers icon.
- Move the mouse pointer over then with the right mouse button, choose Edit...
- Modify the value of the meter.