- Every hour, we receive data from Exeter, Toulouse and Offenbach.
- Every three hours we receive data from Washington.
- Once a day we receive data from Tokyo.
- Every Monday from Melbourne.
- Every first of the month from Montreal.
Three kinds of data are received:
- GRIB fields
- Satellite images
The acquisition is done in three steps:
- The data is received from the outside world.
- The data is processed.
- The data is stored in a database.
Once a day the data received the day before is extracted from the database and written into the archive.
What to do:
- Write the suite definition for this suite
Because there is no standard unix date manipulation command, you can use ecf_date.
One possible Data acquisition solution