In the examples below replace the string ?????? with a host name of your choice.
> export PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/apps/ecflow/
Modify the family f5 so that all its tasks will run on another machine in the classroom.
If your login shell is csh, you should define ECF_JOB_CMD as:
In python modify the function create_family_f5() created in the earlier page, to add HOST,ECF_OUT,ECF_LOGHOST,ECF_LOGPORT, and ECF_JOB_CMD:
We can view the output on the remote machine (class??) by using a log server.
This assumes you have defined variables ECF_LOGHOST and ECF_LOGPORT in your definition.
Launch the logserver on a remote machine:
What to do
- Modify PATH environment variable in head.h
- Change the suite definition
- Replace the suite definition
- It may not work immediately. Have a look in the file $HOME/course/host.port.ecf.log to see why.
- Add a uname -n to your ecf script to see what machine the task is running on.
- What do you need to do in order to have the task /test/f5/t9 run on another machine? Try your solution.
- Create a log server, to access the remote output