- MARS stands for Meteorological Archive and Retrieval System. MARS is the ECMWF archival system which handles the requests that are submitted externally through the Web-API.
- A MARS request is basically a request for retrieving data from MARS using a specific language
- For more information about MARS you may visit the MARS user documentation.
- An easy way to create your own MARS request is by using the web interfaces: How to check the content of the archive - Web API FAQ
- Make some selections and click on "View the MARS request". The system will automatically translate your selections to a MARS request.
- This request can be used as a pilot to build your Web API script.
In the case of ERA Interim an example could be: