My requests is queued for a long period of time.
Sometimes we carry out system sessions that can degrade the quality of the service. You can check the status here: https://www.ecmwf.int/en/service-status (The Web API is affected by WEB-SERVICES and MARS)
- Check the status of your request in your job list
- If your request is not in your job list please report the problem.
- If your request is in your job list and the status has been "queued", for a long time, we recommend you the following:
- Check the Nr of your "active" and "queued" requests. Please keep in mind that there is a limitation of "active" requests per user. See Web API single request limits - Web API FAQ
- Have a look on the Web API activity to check the current status of our service.(ie if the service is busy you will see plenty of "queued" requests). You may also wish to check our MARS activity
- If your long running request is in your job list and the status is "active", it means that your request is currently handled by MARS but for some reasons it is slow.
In this case we recommend you the following: